Antique places of Wroclaw
Historic places of Wroclaw are houses from various centuries, as well as religious buildings and other historic buildings. During their visit, you can use the help of a guide who will be able to tell us many interesting anecdotes related to a place that just we visit. In addition, tourists visitors can stop at the monuments and places of national memory, which in Wroclaw are over forty. Therefore wrocław is visited also by students of secondary schools and students. Many monuments of the city can be seen in a completely different perspective when you decide to enter into one of the vantage points. Additional attraction related to the discovery of the past of Wroclaw can ride the historic tram.
Train connections to Wroclaw
Tourists can reach the city using various means of transport, because this city is very well organized in terms of communication. Tourist trips organized for more people come to the city with the help of coaches. In this way, such as travel. Polish students, individual tourists and small families. Others reach of Wroclaw by rail, they do so especially young tourists, who are not carrying too much luggage. For some families it is convenient to commute to city private cars, which can insert any number of baggage. While foreign tourists really appreciate the use of flights to Wroclaw.
Where to go in wroclaw?
Ostrów Tumski is the oldest part of the city of Wrocław. It was formerly an island (ostrów in Old Polish) known as the Cathedral Island between the branches of the Oder River, featuring the Wrocław Cathedral built originally in the mid 10th century.
The 13th century Main Market Square (Rynek) prominently displays the Old Town Hall. In the north-west corner of the market square there is the St. Elisabeth's Church (Bazylika Św. Elżbiety) with its 91,46 m tower, which has an observation deck (75 m). North of the church are the Shambles with Monument of Remembrance of Animals for Slaughter (pl). Salt Square (now a flower market) is located at the south-western corner of the market square. Close to the square, between Szewska and Łaciarska streets, there is the St. Mary Magdalene Church (Kościół Św. Marii Magdaleny) established in the 13th century.
The Centennial Hall (Hala Stulecia; German: Jahrhunderthalle) designed by Max Berg in 1911?1913 is a World Heritage Site inscribed by UNESCO in 2006.